Wednesday, August 22, 2007

First Day of School!

I will have to add the picture later, but I couldn't wait to blog about Naomi's first day of school.
She has been excited all weekend, which is a good sign. She hates Sunday school because I don't stay in the room with her (she's not a shy kid, but she definitely feels more comfortable with grown-ups than other kids so far). So I was delighted that she was looking forward to school so much. We got her into the classroom and hung her jacket and backpack in her little cubby, hung her nametag around her neck, said hello to her teacher, got her situated at the sand table, hugged her, and headed out! It was too easy to be true. She told us when we picked her up that she cried a tiny bit after we left, but I don't even think the teacher noticed because she told Beth (who also teaches there now) that Naomi did really well. Of course the whole ride home I pummeled her with questions about school but she was pretty vague and tight-lipped about most of it. I had this insane desire to spend the entire school day with my face pressed up against the glass part of her classroom door, but I guess I'll just have to find out about her days based on what she feels like telling me!!!
I have a good feeling about this school. I can't wait to see and hear about what Naomi learns there, and who knows? Maybe by the time she's in eighth grade, they'll have a high school!

No comments: